Student Engagement and Interventions Co-ordinator
Grade E £25,577-£28,786 (FTE)
37 hours per week – Term time only
Closing Date 9th July 2020
Interview Date: Week Commencing 13th July 2020
An opportunity has arisen for a Student Engagement and Interventions Co-ordinator to join our enthusiastic and supportive team at The Portsmouth Academy. This role would suit candidates who are seeking to make a real difference in the lives of children and it is pivotal to the school’s continued success around inclusion.
The Academy is focused on growing self-reflective learners who are able to think for themselves and hold the relevant knowledge and strategies to become a valuable member of any community. We offer a broad and balanced curriculum geared towards ensuring that our students will be dynamic members of society when they leave the Academy.
As part of The Thinking Schools Academy Trust, we benefit from working cohesively as a family of schools for the benefit of our children, and for the adults who work here too. Our mission is to “transform life chances”; at The Thinking Schools Academy Trust we believe education has the power to change lives and children only have one chance to get this right. To ensure all our academies focus on our mission school leaders translated our mission to core values that would be demonstrated and evident in all our Academies:
Child First, Aspire, Challenge, Achieve
What you’ll need to succeed:
• An eagerness to support the vision, ethos and policies of the academy.
• The ability to lead and manage the Student Engagement and Intervention team to be an effective force for intervention.
• The ability to analyse data and identify intervention needs to ensure that outcomes for SEND students are in-line with outcomes for non-SEND students.
• To be able to work effectively with our Attendance Improvement Co-ordinators to monitor and intervene with any SEND student who is being disadvantaged by poor attendance to school.
• The ability work effectively with our Associate Leaders of core subjects to deploy effective intervention to break down barriers for disadvantaged students.
• Experience of delivering reading interventions such as ECAR/Lexia etc and the ability to manage a team to ensure these interventions make a difference.
• The ability to lead on, and deliver CPD for the Student Engagement and Interventions Team.
• High quality interpersonal skills to be able to support parents of students with SEND.
• To be well organised and able to carry out administrative duties to support the SENCo including student files, statutory documents; linking key documents to Provision Map and SIMs; and those relating to exam access arrangements.
What we can offer you:
• An excellent environment for learning and teaching. The Portsmouth Academy has undergone major refurbishment and features include an on-site Inclusive Provision along with a new building for Arts and Humanities.
• We place a strong emphasis on “Wellbeing for Staff” here at The Portsmouth Academy and were proud to receive the Wellbeing award at the recent Teach Portsmouth Awards.
• Progress is significantly above the national average in a range of subjects.
• With an outstanding Leadership and Management team, we are focused on providing our staff with bespoke CPD tailored to the stage they are at in their career.
• The Academy operates a very clear behaviour structure and pupil’s conduct in lessons and around the school is excellent. – Ofsted 2017
• Support from across the Trust to help you deliver outstanding practice through resources, mentoring and school visits.
• We work closely with Teach Portsmouth, The Portsmouth Education Partnership and Portsmouth Teaching Schools Alliance
• The Trust holds regular CPD events.
• A 24/7 employee assistance programme which provides counselling and support / advice on a wide array of areas.
• Onsite parking free of charge.
Early applications are encouraged and we reserve the right to close the vacancy early if a suitable candidate is found.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post is subject to an enhanced DBS check.
The Portsmouth Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.