Internal Exclusion Supervisor
Salary: TSAT Grade C £17,160 - £ 19,240 (FTE)
£14,857 - £16,658 Pro-Rata
Start date: September 2020
Closing Date: Friday 3rd July 2020
Interview Date: Week Commencing 6th July 2020
We are a successful and growing school which has inclusion at the heart of everything we do. In order to support our continued growth we are looking to expand our team of creative, supportive and dynamic staff by appointing an Internal Exclusion Supervisor to start at The Portsmouth Academy in September 2020.
The Portsmouth Academy is a ‘Good’ school with outstanding leadership and management.
“The staff have just been the most outstanding, supportive and resilient people I have ever worked with. No problem is too small for them, and they will drop anything to support you, personally and professionally. Lots of schools say it, but here, we really mean it. TPA is a family. One I will not be leaving for a very long time. “ L Hudson – Head of Department
We are privileged to work in a stunning learning environment with excellent resources. The Academy is focused on providing an education for all children and ensuring that every child has access to the same opportunities. Our belief is that each person is unique – every member of our community has gifts and talents that we seek to grow and channel. Our job is to find and foster these for all.
The Internal Exclusion Manager will support students who find learning and managing their emotions challenging. It would suit someone who is caring and has patience but who can also create a calm environment with clear boundaries.
The Thinking Schools Academy Trust is in the top 10 Multi-Academy Trusts for KS4 progress- Ofsted April 2017
What we can offer you:
• An excellent environment for learning and teaching. The Portsmouth Academy has undergone major refurbishment and a further building phase commenced in 2019 including a state of the art new building with fantastic facilities to house, art music, drama and humanities.
• We place a strong emphasis on “Wellbeing for Staff” here at The Portsmouth Academy and were proud to receive the Wellbeing award at the Teach Portsmouth Awards.
• Progress is significantly above the national average in a range of subjects.
• With an outstanding Leadership and Management team, we are focused on providing our staff with bespoke CPD tailored to the stage they are at in their career.
• The Academy operates a very clear behaviour structure and pupil’s conduct in lessons and around the school is excellent. – Ofsted 2017
• Support from across the Trust to help you deliver outstanding practice through resources, mentoring and school visits.
• We work closely with Teach Portsmouth, The Portsmouth Education Partnership and Portsmouth Teaching Schools Alliance.
• The Trust holds regular CPD events.
• A 24/7 employee assistance programme which provides counselling and support / advice on a wide array of areas.
• Onsite parking free of charge.
What you'll need to succeed:
• Ability to set the appropriate tone for behaviour and attitudes in the Internal Exclusion room.
• Support pupils’ learning activities within the context of the Internal Exclusion room, ensuring that they have access to a range of curriculum resources.
• Support the use of digital technology within the Internal Exclusion room as a vehicle for students to continue to access their curriculum.
• Good communication skills to be able to liaise with Deputy Heads of Year and Heads of Year to ensure all students access a mentoring session throughout their time in the Internal Exclusion room.
• To work closely with the Inclusive Provision Manager to ensure that students are referred into the Internal exclusion room within the protocols set out.
• To liaise with parents/carers on student attitudes within the Internal Exclusion room e.g. praise call when completed effectively.
• To be able to adhere to policies which safeguard and promote the general wellbeing and health of students.
• The ability to contribute to effective Pupil Passports and Personal Support Plans.
• To be proactive and work in a timely fashion.
What you need to do now:
If you are interested in working in our school, benefitting from a supportive network of teachers across our large academy and our Trust and you are keen to progress your career, then please apply today!
Early applications are encouraged and we reserve the right to close the vacancy if a suitable candidate is found.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post is subject to an enhanced DBS check.
The Portsmouth Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.